Analysis of innovation in individual public transportation usability: Uber case
Keywords:Individual Public Transportation, Innovation, Usability, Uber
This study aims to analyze the users´ perception regarding the innovations of the individual public transportation in Federal District, focused on Uber company. Throughout Brazil, the individual public transportation was known as monopolized by taxi service. The lack of competition led to low service of service. However, with the technological development, private companies started to develop competitive and innovative forms for entering the market. Through the tool for multi-criterion analysis was verified the user perception in regard to the service provided by Uber. The survey of data was carried out in two ways. First, through group discussion with experts in transport of UnB and subsequently through the implementation of forms with the service users, through targeted dissemination carried out by social networks and via email. For analysis of the data the Multi-criteria Methodology for Supporting the Constructivist Decision (MCDA-C) was used, so that the qualitative data could be quantified. This methodology allows the consideration from the experts´ view of the experts for, from them, understand the users´. The survey results showed how the innovative processes that aim to raise the quality of care and implementation of individual transportation services in the Federal District are relevant to users.
Brasil. (2012). Lei n.º 12.587, de 3 de janeiro de 2012. Institui as diretrizes da Política Nacional de Mobilidade Urbana. Brasília: Casa Civil.
Cybis, W., Betiol, A. & Faust, R. (2017). Ergonomia e usabilidade: conhecimentos, métodos e aplicações. 3. ed. São Paulo: Novatec.
Duarte, C. F. (2006). Forma e movimento. Rio de Janeiro: Viana e Mosley.
Ferrari, C. (1979). Curso de planejamento municipal integrado. São Paulo: Livraria Pioneira.
Gomide, A. A., Leite, S. K. & Rebelo, J. (2006). Transporte público e pobreza urbana: um índice-síntese de serviço adequado. Brasília: IPEA.
Marconi, M. A. & Lakatos, E. M. (2021). Técnicas de pesquisa: planejamento e execução das pesquisas, amostragens e técnicas de pesquisa; elaboração, análise e interpretação de dados. 9. ed. São Paulo: Atlas.
Richardson, R. J., & colaboradores. (2017). Pesquisa social: métodos e técnicas. 4. ed. São Paulo: Atlas.
Rodrigues, E. C. C. (2014). Metodologia para investigação da percepção das inovações na usabilidade do sistema metroviário – uma abordagem antropotecnológica. Tese de Doutorado em Transportes. Programa de Pós-Graduação em Transportes da Universidade de Brasília. Brasília: UnB.
Santos, A. R. (2000). Metodologia científica: a construção do conhecimento. 3. ed. Rio de Janeiro: DP&A.
Shackel, B. (1991). Usability – context, framework, design and evaluation. In Shackel, B. and Richardson, S. (eds.). Human Factors for Informatics Usability. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
Tidd, J. & Bessant, J. (2020). Managing innovation: integrating technological, market and organizational change. Chichester: John Wiley & Sons.
Vargas, H. C. (2008). Mobilidade urbana. Urbs, Temas Urbanos, v. xii, n. 47, jul/set.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Aldery Silveira Júnior , Evaldo César Cavalcante Rodrigues , Marco Rogério Soranzo Cancian , Roberto Bernardo da Silva
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
• 1. The author(s) authorize the publication of the article in the journal.
• 2. The author(s) ensure that the contribution is original and unpublished and is not being evaluated in other journal(s).
• 3. The journal is not responsible for the opinions, ideas and concepts expressed in the texts because they are the sole responsibility of the author(s).
• 4. The publishers reserve the right to make adjustments and textual adaptation to the norms of APA.
• 5. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication, with the work [SPECIFY PERIOD OF TIME] after publication simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
• 6. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
• 7. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access) at http://opcit.eprints.org/oacitation-biblio.html